Full-Service Oil Changes
Changing your vehicle’s oil and oil filter per manufacturer recommendations will not only prolong the life of your engine but, will keep you covered under warranty as well. That’s why every full-service oil change at Clarks Auto and Tire includes premium oil and filter. But we don’t stop there…
- Two locations to better serve Salt Lake City (506 E 1700 S | 2755 E 3300 S)
- Our signature 20-point courtesy check
- Chassis lube (when applicable)
- Complementary washer fluid top off
- Professional look over by an ASE certified technician
- Oil interval light reset
- Next change reminder sticker
Types of Oil
The make and model of your vehicle will determine the type of motor oil you need. At Clark’s Auto and Tire, we offer five types of oil and filter changes. Here’s more…
- Conventional (works well): Conventional oil meets or exceeds most owners’ manual specifications to extend the life of your vehicle’s engine.
- Synthetic Blend (works harder): Synthetic blend motor oils provide superior engine protection over conventional motor oil and are ideal for the following:
- Harsh driving conditions such as making frequent trips and driving in extreme temperatures
- High-output engines
- Minimum recommendation for Utah
- High Mileage (specifically formulated for high mileage vehicles): A combination of conventional and synthetic motor oil, high mileage motor oil helps prevent sludge and varnish deposits common in vehicles with over 100 thousand miles. High mileage motor oils also contain additives to help prevent internal and external oil leaks.
- Full Synthetic (keeps you better protected): Full synthetic motor oil contains chemically engineered additives which provide the best protection against the three major sources of stress – heat, deposits and wear. Full synthetic oil is required in some vehicles such as performance vehicles and turbo charged engines.Clarks Auto Tire highly recommends full synthetic for all turbo charged and chain driven engines. If you’re not sure what engine you have we will gladly help you.
0-20 Motor oil, many manufactures are starting to recommend 0-20 motor oil. This is to improve engine performance and fuel mileage. 0-20 only comes as a full synthetic. Expect a price increase over semi synthetic and conventional motor oil.
GM Dexos: GM came out with its own specification for motor oil sometime around 2008. GM requires Dexos on all 2010 and newer models in order to keep your new vehicle warranty compliant. Many of the oils we sell meet or exceed the Dexos requirement. If your vehicle requires Dexos, that’s what we put in it. Unfortunately in some cases there is a price increase to meet the specification.
Our Brands and Why
Now that you’re familiar with the types of oil we carry, let’s learn about our brands.
EcoPower Motor Oil
The motor oil that protects both. EcoPower is recycled and refined from reclaimed motor oil so it’s great for your engine and the environment. EcoPower eco-friendly motor oil is our premier house oil. Clark’s Auto And Tire was the first shop in Utah to carry EcoPower motor oil and is hypercomplimentary to our Green Garage.
Valvoline has been reinventing motor oil since 1866. At Clark’s Auto and Tire, we offer Valvoline as a conventional, semi-synthetic, as well as a full synthetic. Without a doubt, Valvoline’s conventional oil is the best bargain for your dollar. NextGen is Valvoline’s ecofriendly option, which includes a portion of used motor oil.
Read more about Valvoline NextGen by clicking here.
Based on a long career wrenching on automobile engines, Alan Boyer, owner of Clark’s Auto and Tire prefers Mobil 1 due to Mobil 1’s ability to handle harsh driving conditions & extreme temperature environments.
Learn more about Mobil 1’s full line of motor oils by clicking here
Ready to book an appointment for an oil change?
Great news! You can reach either location at 801-485-2858. You can also stop in to make appointment. We’re located at: